Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 340, carbohydrates 55.9 g, fiber 13.3 g, protein 17.6 g, fat 6.0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 200 mg, calcium 143 mg.
Hearty Garden Vegetable Soup With Pinto Beans Recipe
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Ready In:
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 340, carbohydrates 55.9 g, fiber 13.3 g, protein 17.6 g, fat 6.0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, …
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Celery, Fennel or Cumin Seeds
- 2 Stalks Celery sliced
- 1 Small Carrot diced
- 1 Small Turnip peeled and diced
- 2 Cups Kale or Collard Greens chopped
- 1 Large Tomato chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Can (15 ounce) Pinto Beans
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 5 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Splash Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic until they sweat. Add the tomato paste and stir to coat the onions. Add the celery, fennel, or cumin seeds, then the carrots and turnips. Sauté for a few minutes to soften. Add the greens and tomato, sauté 1 minute, then add the salt. Add the pinto beans with their liquid, corn, water, and basil.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and a splash of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice.