This week we have a special recipe from our friends at Veggie Pasta! You won’t miss spaghetti at all with this spiralized zucchini and shrimp dish. It’s the perfect meal when you’re craving Italian. Click here to view the PDF version.
Zoodle (Zucchini Noodles) Shrimp Scampi
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (vary according your taste for spice)
- 1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (for garnish)
Create the Zoodles using a spiralizer following manufacturer directions. Set aside.
Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Heat for 1 minute.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the shrimp and cook about 3 minutes or until all sides turn pink, , stirring as needed. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked shrimp to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
Add the Zoodles and lemon juice to the sauté pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the shrimp back into the pan and toss with the Zoodles. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 350 • fat 16 g • saturated fat 3 g • fiber 0 g • protein 47 g • carbohydrate 2 g • sodium 722 mg