IT’S NOT A FAD. Detoxification is key to health. In fact, problems with detoxification is one of the roots of illness. The gut is one of the core systems in the body that must be working well for you to be healthy. If you feel lousy, it’s likely you’re toxic.
Most of us are toxic in some way but the good news is that you don’t need to go to a spa for help. Here are ten basic principles that you can start now.
- Drink plenty of clean water, at least eight to ten glasses of filtered water a day.
- Keep your bowels moving, at least once or twice a day. And if you can’t get going, then you need some help and this can include taking two tablespoons of ground flax seeds, taking acidophilus and extra magnesium capsules in the form of magnesium citrate. If you have any chronic diseases or problems you have to be careful about taking supplements, you should work with your doctor.
- You should also eat organic produce and animal products to eliminate the toxins in our food.
- You should eat eight to ten servings of colorful fruits and vegetables and specifically include, every day, the family of the cruciferous vegetables, broccoli, collards, kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, as well as the garlic family, garlic and onions, which help increase sulfur in the body and help detoxification.
- Avoid stimulants, sedatives and drugs, such as caffeine, nicotine, and try to reduce alcohol intake.
- Exercise five days a week with focus on conditioning of your cardiovascular system, strengthening exercises and stretching exercises.
- Get rid of the white menace, which is white flour and white sugar.
- Sweat profusely at least three times a week, using a sauna, steam or a detox bath.
- Take a high-quality multivitamin and mineral.
- Relax deeply every day, to get your nervous system in a state of calm, rest and relaxation.
The comprehensive program outlined here will help to correct problems caused by toxicity, maximize your body’s own detoxification capacity, and help you safely eliminate stored toxins.
Depending on your symptoms, genetic predispositions and environmental exposures, you each may need different levels of nutrients and types of treatment.
But remember, getting rid of toxins and learning how to optimize your detoxification system is essential for creating UltraWellness and this is just the start. Read more about detoxification in UltraWellness Lesson 5 here.