For a hearty meal, serve this delicious curry over a bed of brown rice.
- 1 Cup White Onion
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons Poblano Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Celery
- 1/3 Cup Carrot
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger
- 1 - 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cup Cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Can (15 ounce) Chick Peas
- 3/4 Cup UltraBroth or organic vegetable broth
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Cilantro
- Julienne the onions. Dice poblano pepper and celery. Peel and half the carrots, then slice into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Mince ginger and garlic. Cut cauliflower in 1½-inch pieces.
- In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, and celery. Sauté vegetables until tender, about 8–10 minutes (cover pot as needed).
- Add the cauliflower, chick peas, vegetable broth, and all spices. Bring to a simmer (do not boil) for 20 minutes stirring as needed.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, stir in the coconut milk, lemon juice, and cilantro. Bring pot back to a simmer for 3–5 minutes so the liquid can thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and eat warm or chill and eat later.