This recipe can be part of a great antipasto, and is best made ahead of time.
- 2 Cups Red Onion
- 2 Cups Yellow Onion
- 1 Can (9 ounces) Artichoke Hearts
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Tarragon
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Julienne the red and yellow onions.
- Drain and rinse the artichokes. Combine artichokes with 2 tbsp of olive oil, minced garlic, and spices in a bowl. Spread out mixture onto a sheet pan and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, artichokes will be slightly soft and browned—do not burn.
- On medium heat, in a sauté pan, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the red and yellow onions and sauté on medium for 5–6 minutes. When the onions start to brown, reduce the heat and cook for an additional 15–20 minutes, stir as needed to keep from burning. Once the onions are caramelized, stir in the lemon juice and cook until the liquid is evaporated. Do not burn the onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted artichokes and caramelized onion mixture. Gently mix until everything is evenly combined.