Tofu infused with a melange of Asian flavors and ingredients. Serve with Asian Vegetable Salad for an attractive presentation. Allow time to press and drain the tofu before cooking.
- 1 Package (14 oz) Tofu extra-firm
- 2 Tablespoons Wheat-free Tamari low-sodium
- 2 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thai Kitchen Red Chili Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Light Sesame Oil
- 1 Recipe Asian Vegetable Salad
- Cut the tofu into 2 equal pieces. Slice each piece in half, horizontally, making a total of 4 slices. To press and drain the tofu, place the slices in a single layer, on a shallow dish or tray, with paper towels underneath and on top of the tofu. Place another dish or tray on top of the tofu and weight it down with several cans of food or a heavy skillet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tamari, rice wine vinegar, dark sesame oil, and red chili paste in a small bowl.
- After the tofu has drained, discard the excess liquid and pat the tofu dry with a paper towel. Place the tofu in a shallow dish and pour the soy sauce marinade over it. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Marinating longer will give the tofu a more intense flavor.
- Heat the light sesame oil over medium-high heat in a skillet large enough to hold the tofu in a single layer. Cook the tofu for about 3 minutes on each side, until brown and beginning to crisp. Remove to a plate when finished cooking.
- Serve with Asian Vegetable Salad.