- 3-4 lbs of ground meat
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine onions, garlic, and eggs in blender and process until smooth.
- Combine spices, ground meat, and egg/onion/garlic mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1 1/2 – 2 inch balls and place on broiler pan or some other pan with some drainage.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn the meatballs, return pan to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Meatballs should be 160F in the center. If not, return to the oven and check temperature again in a few minutes.
- Eat with or without homemade marinara sauce. Recipe to follow soon.
- Notes Goes great with homemade marinara and sauteed onions and peppers are a great addition to the sauce.