Please note: Community Recipes are Recipes Submitted by Members of the Community. DrHyman.com welcomes these submitted Recipes but cannot endorse or verify the claims made by the authors.Share your favorite recipes with the rest of the group or Submit your Recipes and we will feature you on our site!
- 3-4 lbs of ground meat
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine onions, garlic, and eggs in blender and process until smooth.
- Combine spices, ground meat, and egg/onion/garlic mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1 1/2 – 2 inch balls and place on broiler pan or some other pan with some drainage.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn the meatballs, return pan to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Meatballs should be 160F in the center. If not, return to the oven and check temperature again in a few minutes.
- Eat with or without homemade marinara sauce. Recipe to follow soon.
- Notes Goes great with homemade marinara and sauteed onions and peppers are a great addition to the sauce.