- 4 TBS Tahini
- 2 TBS Sesame Oil (toasted is best)
- 6 TBS Tamari
- 4 TBS Rice wine (Asian cooking wine NOT Sake) or dry sherry that has been boiled to release the alcohol
- 3 TBS Rice vinegar
- 4 TBS Cilantro (more is great, substitute parsley or basil)
- 1 LB Tofu , firm, sliced
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor or heavy duty blender.
- Chill and serve with vegetables.
You can play with these ingredients. If you do not want wine, increase the vinegar and add lime or lemon juice, or 4 tbs of some other liquid like soy milk or almond milk.
The original recipe called for 2 tbs of honey, but I would not use that unless you have completed your 6th week of the plan.
This is a great food to bring when you leave the house. Celery stalks and this will stave off the hunger.
You can use this as a sauce over chicken or warm vegetables for a change of pace.