Please note: Community Recipes are Recipes Submitted by Members of the Community. DrHyman.com welcomes these submitted Recipes but cannot endorse or verify the claims made by the authors.Share your favorite recipes with the rest of the group or Submit your Recipes and we will feature you on our site!
- 4 TBS Tahini
- 2 TBS Sesame Oil (toasted is best)
- 6 TBS Tamari
- 4 TBS Rice wine (Asian cooking wine NOT Sake) or dry sherry that has been boiled to release the alcohol
- 3 TBS Rice vinegar
- 4 TBS Cilantro (more is great, substitute parsley or basil)
- 1 LB Tofu , firm, sliced
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor or heavy duty blender.
- Chill and serve with vegetables.
You can play with these ingredients. If you do not want wine, increase the vinegar and add lime or lemon juice, or 4 tbs of some other liquid like soy milk or almond milk.
The original recipe called for 2 tbs of honey, but I would not use that unless you have completed your 6th week of the plan.
This is a great food to bring when you leave the house. Celery stalks and this will stave off the hunger.
You can use this as a sauce over chicken or warm vegetables for a change of pace.