Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 276, carbohydrates 32.2 g, fiber 4.7 g, protein 5.9 g, fat 16.0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 8 mg, calcium 43 mg.
Poached Pears And Cashew Cream Recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 276, carbohydrates 32.2 g, fiber 4.7 g, protein 5.9 g, fat 16.0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium …
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 2 Drops Vanilla Extract
- 2 Pears
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint plus more for garnish
- Cover the cashews with water and soak overnight.
- Drain the cashews, reserving the water. Place the cashews, honey, and vanilla in a blender and blend, adding small amounts of the soaking water until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Peel the pears, cut in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Place the pear halves in a saucepan cut side down and add enough water to cover. Add the cinnamon stick and mint. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 6-8 minutes until the pears are tender but not mushy. Allow the pears to sit in cooking water with the heat off for 4-5 minutes, then remove them from the cooking liquid and allow to cool completely or serve slightly warmed.
- Serve topped with cashew cream.