Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 223, carbohydrates 32.1 g, fiber 14.8 g, protein 12.8 g, fat 5.6 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 350 mg, calcium 75 mg.
Red Lentil Stew Recipe
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Ready In:
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 223, carbohydrates 32.1 g, fiber 14.8 g, protein 12.8 g, fat 5.6 g, cholesterol 0 mg, …
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 2 Teaspoons Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander
- 1 Small Carrot diced
- 2 Cups Cauliflower small florets
- 1 1/4 Cups Red Lentils rinsed
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Tomato diced
- 2 Cups Broccoli small florets
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Fresh Parsley or Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until tender. Add the mustard seeds and stir until they begin to pop. Add the other spices and sauté 1 minute. Add the carrot and cauliflower and stir to coat. Add the lentils and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and simmer until the lentils are soft, about 25 minutes. Add the tomato, broccoli, and salt and continue to simmer 5 more minutes. Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle with parsley or cilantro.