Roasted Nuts and Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- To roast the nuts: Heat oven to 350°f. Place the nuts on a dry baking sheet. Bake for approximately 8-9 minutes, checking often. The nuts are done when they start to change color and impart a nutty fragrance.
- Remove from the hot baking pan and cool. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place, and the nuts will remain fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- To roast the seeds: Heat a dry skillet to medium and add the seeds. Stir continuously until the seeds start to brown. Pumpkin seeds will even pop a little. Remove from heat immediately and cool before storing. The seeds will remain fresh for several weeks.
- Combine and store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 254 • carbohydrates 7.3 g • fiber 3.6 g • protein 9.8 g • fat 22.8 g • cholesterol 0 mg • sodium 3 mg • calcium 118 mg