- 1 1/4 Cups Brown Rice rinsed
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Pound Firm Tofu rinsed and cubed
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1 Small Carrot diced
- 1 Tab Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Wheat-free Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine
- 2 Cups Frozen Green Peas
- 2 Scallions sliced
- Place the rice in a saucepan, and add the water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer on low for 40 minutes until the rice is cooked through and the water is gone.
- In a large sauté pan or on a griddle, heat the sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu and sear for a minute on each side. Gently remove the tofu from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add the onions and carrots and sauté until tender, then add the garlic and ginger and sauté a few minutes more.
- Add the rice and mix together. Allow to sit until the rice starts to get a little crusty on the bottom. In a small bowl, combine the tamari, vinegar, and wine. Pour over the rice and then stir to combine. Allow the rice to get slightly crusty again, then stir. Add back the tofu, add the peas and scallions, and stir gently to combine. Continue to sauté until the peas are warmed through, then serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 398 • carbohydrates 53.5 g • fiber 7.2 g • protein 18.0 g • fat 13.2 g • cholesterol 0 mg • sodium 406 mg • calcium 308 mg