- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Cans (15 ounce) Black Beans
- 2 Cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Wheat-free Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Fresh Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a soup pot. Add the garlic and onions, and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add canned beans including their liquid, water or stock, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cumin and sauté a few more minutes. Add tamari and lemon juice and simmer one minute more. Top with cilantro.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 443 • carbohydrates 77.7 g • fiber 18.8 g • protein 27.0 g • fat 3.9 g • cholesterol 0 mg • sodium 224 mg • calcium 176 mg