Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 565, carbohydrates 29.1 g, fiber 9.8 g, protein 34.9 g, fat 36.6 g, cholesterol 73 mg, sodium 618 mg, calcium 110 mg.
Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 565, carbohydrates 29.1 g, fiber 9.8 g, protein 34.9 g, fat 36.6 g, cholesterol 73 mg, …
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Large (or 4 small) Chicken Breasts bone-in
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Small Carrot diced
- 2 Cups Cauliflower
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Apple chopped
- 1 Can (13 ounce) Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas
- Fresh Cilantro chopped for garnish
- In a large sauté pan heat the sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and stir for 10 seconds until they start to pop; be careful not to burn them. Immediately add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until they begin to sweat.
- Add curry and cayenne and stir to coat onions.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle with ½ tsp. of the salt, and sear on all sides.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower, and green pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the apple, coconut milk, and remaining salt and simmer on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peas and simmer 2 to 3 more minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.