Millet Cauliflower Mash
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Millet rinsed
- 4 Cups Cauliflower chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage or 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Fresh Parsley chopped for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté onions until they start to brown. Add millet, cauliflower, and sage and sauté one more minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil, then add salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, until millet is soft.
- When done, blend with a potato masher. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 122 • carbohydrates 19.5 g • fiber 3.8 g • protein 3.9 g • fat 3.6 g • cholesterol 0 mg • sodium 121 mg • calcium 20 mg