You can add fresh fruit to the batter and try whipped natural nut butter with a touch of honey in it as a topping.
Per 3-pancake serving: 221 Calories, 14 g Fat, 1.7 g Sat, 53 mg Chol, 5 g Fiber, 14 g Protein, 17 g Carb, 79 mg Sodium
Per 1⁄2 cup sauce: 66 Calories, 0 g Fat, 0 g Sat, 0 mg Chol, 3 g Fiber, 1 g Protein, 17 g Carb, 3 mg Sodium
- 1 Small Banana
- 2 Cups Fresh strawberries frozen unsweetened, thawed, with juice
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Cup Drained silken tofu
- 1/2 Cup Plain soy milk
- 2 Tblspns Ground flaxseed
- 3⁄4 Cup Almond flour
- 1⁄2 Cup Soy flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Whole Omega-3 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Grapeseed oil for griddle
- In a blender, combine the banana, strawberries, and honey. Puree for 5 to 10 seconds for a chunky sauce. Set aside sauce in a small bowl.
- Without washing the blender, combine the tofu, soy milk, flaxseed, almond and soy flours, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and egg, and mix until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle to 400 degrees and lightly brush with grapeseed oil. Pour approximately 1⁄4 cup batter directly from the blender onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and burst, about 4 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook about 2 more minutes, until cooked through. Serve 3 pancakes per person with 1⁄2 cup of sauce.