Leg of Lamb Stuffed With Kale, Pine Nuts, Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced, divided
- 1/4 Cup Packed flat-leaf parsely Finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil Divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 Pinch Ground pepper
- 1 Pound Boneless leg of lamb, butter flied and trimmed (have your butcher help!)
- 1 Small bunch Kale (or any leafy vegetable like collards, chard, or mustard green) Trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 Red onion Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Pine nuts
- 1/4 Sun-dried tomatoes Chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an oven-safe pan with parchment paper or lightly oil the pan with olive oil.
- Combine half the garlic with parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until combined, about 1 minute. Rub lamb with mixture and set aside (no need to refrigerate).
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic, kale and onion and stir frequently to avoid burning garlic. When the onion is soft, cook or about 2 minutes or until the onion is soft. Then add pine nuts, olives and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Remove the kale mixture from the heat and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the mixture across one side of the lamb, and make sure to leave a 1-inch border all around. Reserve the leftover kale mixture for plating. Roll the lamb from the short side to the other short side, tucking in the stuffing as you go. Tie the lamb with kitchen string in the middle and at both ends. Place the lamb seam-side down in the prepared pan.
- Roast the lamb on the middle rack of the oven. After 1 hour, check the internal temperature of the lamb. Lamb is best when it’s served medium rare, or when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 135°F. Remove from the oven and let the lamb rest, covered, for 20 minutes on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, return the leftover kale mixture to the stove and warm on medium heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- To plate, undo the kitchen string and slice the lamb crosswise, into 6 even slices. Top lamb with kale mixture and serve
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 slice)
calories 249 • fat 15 g • saturated fat 3 g • cholesterol 70 mg • fiber 1 g • protein 24 g • carbohydrate 5 g • sodium 334 mg