Randy C. asks: "How do I have fun on Super Bowl Sunday while keeping it healthy?"
Super Bowl entails occasionally standing to cheer but mostly sitting and consuming lots of unhealthy food and drink. Buck the trend this year with these five strategies to enjoy the big game without morning-after regrets…Here is how you can be a Super Bowl 49 Champion:
- Go BIG. Supersizing is a great idea when it becomes bright-colored, nutrient rich vegetables. Fill your plate with 75% fresh vegetables from the veggie platter and crowd out room both in your belly and on your plate for the classic junky Super Bowl fare.
- Don’t just watch the game, play it. Start the day with a pre-game round of football with your friends or go for a walk during half-time. Don’t want to miss the half-time show with Katy Perry? Then get up and dance with her and sing, “’cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar!” You got this!
- It’s About The Team. Just like any winner, it takes a team to rally. Make health a team sport and enlist a group of friends or family for more support and a lot more fun and success!
- Seahawks fan? Be like your team and spend 5- 20 minutes meditating before and after the game. The Hawks have a meditation ritual as well as a pre-game prayer. Harness your own inner calm and cultivate a sense of relaxation so you too can perform at your very best.
- Patriots fan? Be like your team and practice the art of resilience. If the Super Bowl party knocks you down and you eat too much junk or not enough of the real stuff, shake it off and get back on track tomorrow. You will only come back stronger each time you fall of the wagon, just like your Patriots do, year after year.