Make this Valentine’s Day unforgettable by eating foods that both your body and taste buds love. Enjoy this rich, decadent cobbler with a special whipped crème. One taste and you will definitely fall madly in love!
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Finely unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 cup Chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon/divided
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Palm shortening or virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups Organic cherries, pitted, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Real vanilla, divided
- 1/4 cup 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1 can full fat coconut milk chilled overnight in refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place the almond meal, coconut, hemp seeds, nuts, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, and sweetener in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add the palm shortening (or oil) and mix using your hands or a spoon to form a crumbled consistency. Set aside.
- In a 9” round baking pan, add the cherries, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, and the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Spread the cherry mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Note: if using frozen cherries, add 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder to the mixture before combining.
- Top the cherry mixture with the crumble and place pan into the oven. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and the crumble is slightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the whipped crème. Remove the coconut milk from the refrigerator and scoop out the thickened cream that has formed on the top. Note: Place the remaining coconut water in a glass container and use it later for a smoothie or a refreshing post-workout drink. Leftover coconut water can be stored for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, add the coconut cream, the remaining cinnamon, and the remaining vanilla and mix to combine. Then whip the cream using either a high power blender such as Vitamix or hand blender: • If using a Vitamix: Pour the coconut cream mixture into the blender and blend on high for about 1 minute or until cream resembles whipped cream. • If using a hand mixer: Pour the coconut cream mixture into a bowl and beat on high for about 3-4 minutes or until cream resembles whipped cream. Note: Using a chilled bowl may prevent your crème from being runny. If you try this method, place a metal, glass or ceramic bowl in your refrigerator to chill about 1 hour before preparing crème.
- To serve, cut the cobbler into 8 wedges, and serve 1 wedge with a small scoop of whipped crème (about 2 tablespoons) and enjoy immediately, fresh from the oven.
- Store leftover cobbler and crème in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (cobbler) and 3 days (crème).
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 slice cobbler with 2 tablespoons crème)
calories 288 • fat 24 g • saturated fat 9 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 4 g • protein 7 g • carbohydrate 20 g • sodium 33mg