If you are looking for a quickie but goodie, this salmon is sure to please! Make your spice mixture ahead of time and you can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. Serve with a little homemade or store-bought guacamole to add extra flavor, texture and healthy fats.
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more depending on preference for spice)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (For the Salmon - divided)
- 16 Ounces boneless, skin-on wild salmon fillets cut into 4 evenly sized fillets
- 1 Fresh Ripe Avocado quartered and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl combine spices to make Dr. Hyman’s Special Seasoning Mix. Reserve half of the seasoning, place the remaining seasoning in a glass jar, and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
- "Combine the seasoning mix with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and stir to make a paste. Brush the flesh side of each fillet with the seasoning paste to coat evenly. If you have leftover paste, then brush the skin side of each fillet for enhanced flavor." You can add a bit more oil if your paste is too thick.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the remaining oil on medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, place the salmon in the skillet flesh side down. . You should hear a nice sizzle. Sear the fish for 2-3 minutes, without moving it. Turn the heat down to medium heat, flip the fish, and sear for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until fish is flaky and opaque (about 5 more minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 145 degrees).
- Remove from oven, let rest, and cool for about 5 minutes. Garnish with sliced avocado, and serve immediately with a side of Sautéed Spinach and Watercress and Cumin Rice (both recipes are located under my recipe section) (omit rice if on Dr. Hyman’s The 10-Day Detox Diet or the Advanced Plan of The Blood Sugar Solution).
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 ounces salmon, 1/4 avocado)
calories 310 • fat 20g • saturated fat 4g • cholesterol 50mg • fiber 5g • protein 26g • carbohydrate 8g • sodium 490mg