Sometimes you just want to take your favorite American standards and kick them up a notch. When the urge strikes to put a new twist on an old classic – in this case, egg salad – you get a creamier mouthful with every bite with a hint of spice that awakens your palate and keeps you coming back for more!
- 8 Whole Omega-3 eggs - hardboiled peeled & cooled
- 2 Whole Fresh Ripe Avocado pitted and scooped
- 2 Tablespoons Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne optional
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Finely chopped red onion more or less depending on preference
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- In a small mixing bowl or food processor, combine eggs, avocado, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, turmeric, and cayenne (if using). Mash or pulse until all ingredients are of the consistency to your liking. (For chunky, pulse about 20 seconds or so. For a smoother texture, pulse for about 30 to 40 seconds, or until texture is how you like it.)
- Remove blade from bowl if using a food processor and stir in onion. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve over your favorite fresh greens or form a wrap using 1 to 2 big leaves of bibb lettuce. Stuff wrap with your favorite add-ons such as sprouts, bell peppers, mushrooms, fresh herbs, or tomatoes. Feel like snacking? Place a small scoop of egg salad on several leaves of endive or radicchio for a tasty, eye-appealing afternoon snack.
Nutritional analysis per serving (about a heaping 1/2 cup egg salad)
calories 350 • fat 30g • saturated fat 6g • cholesterol 375 mg • fiber 7g • protein 14g • carbohydrate 11g • sodium 480mg