Sometimes you just get tired of plain old water and want something that not only quenches your thirst but wakes up your taste buds. When that happens, turn to these easy, healthy, and refreshing recipes.
Enjoy this cooling spritzer when the temperatures heat up and the sun is shining! Instead of sugary juices, which spike your blood sugar, the electrolytes found naturally in watermelon will restore your energy while the mint perks you up. This beverage is a good choice for those of you following the Basic Plan in my book, The Blood Sugar Solution.
- 1 1/2 Cups Watermelon deseeded
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Mint
- 1 Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Cups Chilled Sparkling Water
- 1 Cup Ice Optional
- Place the watermelon and the mint in a blender and blend on high until uniformly combined, about 30 to 60 seconds. Add the lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the sparkling water into a pitcher and add ice, if using. Stir in watermelon mixture and mix to combine. Serve immediately
- Best enjoyed when fresh, but you can store the melon mixture in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days; when ready to use, simply add sparkling water and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis per serving (about 6 ounces)
calories 20 • fat 0g • saturated fat 0g • cholesterol 0mg • fiber 0g • protein 0g • carbohydrate 5g • sodium 15mg