Easiest way to upgrade a plate of greens? Put an egg on top! This tasty and comforting dish is filled with healthy fats and tons of nutrients. Serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Bon Appétit! Click here to download the printable PDF.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced into ¼ inch thick half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups of kale (about 1 bunch), de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 pastured egg
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and once hot, sauté the squash for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly translucent. Stir in the garlic, cook until fragrant and then add the kale and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and let steam for 2 minutes before using tongs to toss the vegetables in the pan.
- While the vegetables cook, heat 8 cups of water until simmering. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Crack one egg into a small bowl then gently add it to the water. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the whites solidify but the yolks are still soft and runny.
- To serve, place the vegetables in the center of a plate and top with 1 poached egg. Cut the avocado in half and then slice one half into quarters.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories 763 • Total Fat 63 g • Fiber 19 g • Protein 21 g • Carbohydrates 46 g • Sodium 278 mg