This simple soup is simply delicious. Filled with healing stock and healthy fats, it makes a perfect evening meal or a midday snack. We know you’ll love this one! Click here for printable PDF.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound summer squash, cut into medium sized cubes
- ½ pound onion, sliced thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 8 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 beet, julienned
- 1-2 radishes, julienned
- Heat a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the onions, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the summer squash and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cook until fragrant, and then pour in the chicken stock. Cover and simmer until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Afterwards, pour the soup into a blender and add the lemon juice and coconut oil. Place the top on the blender and blend the mixture on high for 45 seconds until smooth and creamy. NOTE: Because hot liquids expand when blended, we recommend placing a folded up dishtowel on the lid of the blender and holding down the lid to avoid a big mess and possible injury. Fold in the salt and chives.
- To serve, divide amongst two bowls and top with the julienned veggies.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories 694 • Total fat 60 g • Fiber 12 g • Protein 12 g • Sodium 298 mg