We love wild salmon in my house! It’s one of our favorite fatty fishes. This dish is a delicious dinner option to serve your friends or family. Bon Appétit! Please click her for printable PDF.
- For the Red Pepper Sauté
- 1 large leek (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet bell peppers, seeded + julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme
- For the Salmon
- 1 bunch fresh dill, divided
- 4 wild salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- For the Arugula Salad
- 12 ounces of arugula
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the green top and root section from the leek, and then slice the white section in half lengthwise. Rinse well under cold water, shake to drain out the excess liquid, and then cut ¼ inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil then the leeks. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the peppers. Stir in the garlic.
- Continue to cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, allowing the veggies to soften and their flavors to meld together
- As the veggies cook, prepare the salmon by arranging some of the dill on the bottom of a lightly oiled cast iron pan or Pyrex baking dish. Lay the salmon fillets on top, sprinkle with sea salt, and top with a lemon slice and cover with more dill. Place the fish in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, just until the fish becomes slightly firm.
- To finish the veggies, season with the salt and stir in the thyme. In a bowl, mix the arugula with the olive oil, lemon, and salt, toss well and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving - (1 fish fillet with veggies over salad):
Calories 220 • Total fat 42 g • Fiber 4 g • Protein 14 g • Sodium 348 mg