This Spiced Pear Smoothie is the perfect fall beverage without all of the sugar and processed ingredients in typical pumpkin spiced drinks. This smoothie also includes one of my favorite milk alternatives, Brazil nut milk. Brazil nuts contain healthy fats and selenium, a trace mineral essential to immune and thyroid function. Healthy and delicious! Please click here for printable PDF.
- For the Brazil Nut Milk
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 5 cups water
- For the Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped pears (freeze before blending)
- 1 teaspoon of alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 rounded tablespoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- *For a sweeter option, add 1-2 dates.
- First make the Brazil nut milk by soaking the Brazil nuts in 2 cups of water overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Drain the water, rinse the nuts well.
- Place the Brazil nuts in a blender and add 3 cups of fresh water. Blend for 45 seconds and then strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Place in the fridge to cool.
- In a blender, combine the milk, chilled pears, vanilla, spice mix, and dates (if using). Blend on high speed for 45 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories 396 • Total fat 31 g • Fiber 10 g • Protein 11 g • Sodium 11 mg •