Jicama is a non-starchy root vegetable commonly used in Mexico and Southeast Asia. It has a crisp, juicy texture and a slightly sweet flavor. Use it raw in salads and slaws, or cooked in place of starchier vegetables like potatoes. These fries will be a hit with the whole family! Click here to view PDF version.
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
In a bowl, toss the jicama fries with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and spices, if desired.
Carefully spread the jicama fries onto the hot baking sheet in a single layer. roast for 20 minutes; then, give them a stir and roast for another 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories: 145 • Fat: 4 g • Saturated Fat: 1 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg • Fiber: 15 g • Protein: 2 g • Carbohydrates: 27 g • Sodium: 157 mg