You can enjoy “pasta” in this tasty, light and nutrient-rich comfort meal. This is a great recipe from my Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook. These plant-based noodles explode with fiber from the konjac root, and the shiitake mushrooms boast immune-boosting properties that keep you healthy and feeling great. Click here to view PDF version.
Shirataki Noodles with Kale and Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shirataki noodles, drained
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until aromatic, about 1 minute, stirring often to pre- vent burning.
- Toss in the kale and sauté it in the garlic oil until it wilts, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, noodles, shiitakes and marinara sauce and warm through for about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a platter, garnish with the parsley, and serve. Any leftover noodles can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 1⁄2 cups)
calories 215 • fat 10 g • saturated fat 1 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 8 g • protein 9 g • carbohydrate 25 g • sodium 155 mg