Today my friend and colleague, Dr. Amy Myers, is sharing her comforting Meatza Pie recipe with us. Now you can satisfy your pizza cravings without any guilt! The grass-fed meats that form the crust are rich in zinc which strengthens the immune system and nourishes the gut. Click here to view PDF version.
Vegetable Meatza Pie with Pesto Sauce
- 1 pound ground grass-fed bison
- 1 pound ground grass-fed beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 zucchini
- Pesto to taste - check out Amy’s recipe for Dino Kale Pesto
- Additional toppings (optional): shredded carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust. Place the bison and ground beef into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining crust ingredients. Mix until thoroughly com- bined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture on the baking sheet to make one large crust or two evenly sized crusts.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and evenly spread the pesto over the crust(s). Then place your toppings of choice onto the crust(s).
- Put the pizza(s) back in the oven and cook until vegetables are crisp and the meat is fully cooked - about 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve while hot!
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 310 • fat 21 g • protein 27 g • carbohydrate 4 g • sodium 82 mg