Today my friend and colleague, Dr. Amy Myers, is sharing her comforting Meatza Pie recipe with us. Now you can satisfy your pizza cravings without any guilt! The grass-fed meats that form the crust are rich in zinc which strengthens the immune system and nourishes the gut. Click here to view PDF version.
- 1 pound ground grass-fed bison
- 1 pound ground grass-fed beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 zucchini
- Pesto to taste - check out Amy’s recipe for Dino Kale Pesto
- Additional toppings (optional): shredded carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust. Place the bison and ground beef into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining crust ingredients. Mix until thoroughly com- bined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture on the baking sheet to make one large crust or two evenly sized crusts.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and evenly spread the pesto over the crust(s). Then place your toppings of choice onto the crust(s).
- Put the pizza(s) back in the oven and cook until vegetables are crisp and the meat is fully cooked - about 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve while hot!
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 310 • fat 21 g • protein 27 g • carbohydrate 4 g • sodium 82 mg