This simple, mouthwatering ceviche recipe is from my friend, Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof®. This is the perfect dish to make when you want something rich in healthy fat without spending too much time in the kitchen. Put this ceviche together in the morning and by lunchtime, the acid will have “cooked” the fish. It also features Brain Octane, a powerful MCT oil that I’ve written about in this blog post. Consider MCT oil as a super fuel for your cells because it boosts fat burning and increases mental clarity. Click here for the PDF version.
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless wild salmon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil or MCT oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, stemmed and roughly chopped (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized cubes and place into a medium-sized bowl. Add the oils and lime juice and toss together until mixed well.
- Fold in the avocado, scallions and cilantro (if using). Season with sea salt.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the ceviche for at least two hours and up to 12 hours to “cook” the fish and marry the flavors. Stir the ceviche every 15 minutes to evenly distribute the lime juice.
- When you are ready to serve the ceviche, fold in the arugula and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 542 • fat 36 g • protein 46 g • carbohydrate 10 g • sodium 101 mg