This shake provides all of the essential protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants and phytonutrients for detoxification. It will balance your blood sugar and help you maintain a healthy blood sugar level throughout the day. Click here for PDF version.
- 2 scoops pea protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed and borage oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh non-citrus, low-glycemic fruit such as blueberries, black berries, cherries or raspberries
- 6 ounces filtered water
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond, macadamia, cashew, pecan or sunflower seed) or 1/4 cup nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews or any combination) soaked in water overnight
- 1 handful of ice if not using frozen fruit
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Blend on high-speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
If the shake is too thick, add more water until you reach a desired consistency.
Pour smoothie into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 cup)
calories 377 • fat 17 g • saturated fat 3 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 14 g • protein 12 g • carbohydrate 47 g • sodium 129 mg