Dr. Tom O’Bryan, this week’s guest on The Broken Brain Podcast, is often found buried under scores of the latest scientific journal articles. Whether he is immersed in gluten sensitivity, leaky brain, effects of EMFs, or molecular mimicry, you can be sure Dr. Tom has investigated it from all angles.
Have you ever thought about the electronics that are plugged in at your house—especially in your bedroom? One of Dr. Tom’s patients found that just unplugging her alarm clock stopped her seizures. What else is happening to us from the electromagnetic fields surrounding our televisions, computers, or iPhones? Learn more about what Dr. Tom has found that is happening to our brains from exposure to these fields.
Host of our podcast, Dhru Purohit, has a very lively discussion with Dr. Tom, who sees a real need for us to make changes now to improve our health. Dhru and Tom cover toxins that are impacting our brains, the four different immune systems in our bodies, molecular mimicry, and much more. There’s a lot to think about here, but as Tom says—if we commit to learning something new every week then we can take steps to improve our health.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Why write a book on brain health? (5:23)
- Dr. Tom’s Functional Medicine approach to health (9:46)
- The four pillars to consider for good health (12:05)
- Where do we start? (16:05)
- How do electronic devices impact us? (28:52)
- Toxins that cause brain issues (37:28)
- What is leaky brain? (41:17)
- No symptoms, no problems…right? (48:43)
- The mystery of molecular mimicry (56:01)
- Dr. Tom’s new book and a gift for listeners (1:11:40)
I know you’ll love all the educational information from this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – Please check out Dr. Tom O’Bryan’s new book You Can Fix Your Brain (pre-order now to get bonuses!) and download Dr. Tom’s Pantry Essentials here.
PPS – You can find the wireless outlet Dhru uses to turn off his wifi here and the Pong phone cases here.