Gratitude is the gateway to happiness. Study after study has found that gratitude rewires your brain for positivity. What you put in your body determines what you get out of it. That’s true for food and exercise, and it’s also true for your thoughts, your relationships, and the community that you surround yourself with.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Dave Asprey, founder and CEO of the Bulletproof movement and company, and one of the pioneers of the modern biohacking movement. In this podcast, we discuss and dive deep into some of the top lessons Dave covers in his new book, Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life.
Dave talks about gratitude and what exactly happens in our brain when we practice it and why it is the ultimate biohack. He also talks about how winning in the bedroom is an important part of life, as well as intentional orgasms and how they impact the brain. Dave shares the importance of community and surrounding yourself with people who have similar values and can help you reach your goals and bring more joy into your life.
Dave is on a mission to share his knowledge with the rest of the world, helping people on their journey to a better self.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Why gratitude is the ultimate biohack (4:00)
- The relationship between gratitude and fear (8:07)
- The Polyvagal Theory (9:00)
- The Telomere Effect (9:55)
- Use sex to get the best drugs (16:36)
- Taoists formula for longevity (23:27)
- Weasel words and the impact on your nervous system (29:49)
- The power of no and mastering the art of doing what matters the most to you (35:32)
- What does it look like to win at life (43:18)
- The importance of community (48:10)
- Eat like your grandma, not like a caveman (57:57)
- Learn more about Dave and his work (64:23)
- Dave and Dhru share what they are grateful for today (66:36)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on Dave, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dave.asprey and on Twitter @bulletproofexec. Check out his website www.bulletproof.com and check out his podcast: Bulletproof Radio. You can also find his new book Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life, right here.