Surrounding ourselves with people that elevate us not only leads to a more fulfilling life, it leads to a healthier and longer one too. In fact, loneliness poses the same risks as smoking and can even manifest as physical illness, including chronic pain.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, leads us through a fun conversation on practical ways to cultivate your own community, with a group of his friends who are all part of a weekly ritual called Man Morning. They get together and talk about important subjects that are going on in their health, business, families, and relationships. They discuss embracing the ritual of community, deepening connections with others, and how to get out of small talk and go deeper into more meaningful conversations while creating safe space for our friends to be open and vulnerable and for us to do the same.
In this episode, we dive into:
- What is man morning and why it’s important to each of the group members (6:41)
- How this group came together (10:14)
- The rules and boundaries of the group to keep it intentional (14:35)
- Why community is so important, especially for men (25:07)
- The power of celebrating our success and wins (27:23)
- How community supports you in your relationships (32:25)
- How this group has helped them achieve some of their goals (41:02)
- Practical advice on creating closer relationships (48:13)
- How to bring intentional community and connection into your life (57:02)
- Learn more about the members of Man Morning and their work (1:06:52)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on the men of Man Morning, be sure to follow them here: Antonio Neves on Instagram @theantonioneves, and Facebook @theantonioneves, and check out his website https://www.theantonioneves.com; Chris Girbés on Instagram @chrisg_p and on Facebook @christopher.girbespierce; Nirav Sheth at https://anatta.io and you can email him directly at [email protected]; Mohit on Instagram @onemohit and check out his website https://www.immigranted.org; Mark Leibowitz on Instagram @markleibowitzpictures and check out his website https://www.leibowitzpictures.com. Lastly, check out our host, Dhru Purohit’s podcast, I’ve Got Your Back, right here.