Why do we hold back from pursuing what matters most? Why do we listen to the voice inside our head that tells us we’re not good enough, smart enough, or talented enough? How can we move beyond the fear and doubt that prevents us from creating a life that reflects who we truly are?
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Amber Rae, an author, artist, and speaker whose work invites you to live your truth, befriend your emotions, and express your gifts. She has been called a “Millennial Motivator” by Fortune and “The Brené Brown of Wonder” by Mind Body Green. She is the New York Times best selling author of Choose Wonder Over Worry: Move Beyond Fear and Doubt to Unlock Your Full Potential.
In this episode, Dhru and Amber talk about how to face your fears, wake up to your truth, and get to the source of what’s holding you back. They discuss how to greet worry with wonder, and Amber’s three-step approach for dialoguing with and finding wisdom in your emotions—especially the messy ones—so you can get back to focusing on what matters most. Through a thoughtful blend of vulnerability and soulfulness, Amber Rae guides you in expressing the fullness of who you are and the gifts you are here to give.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Amber shares her personal story and how her father’s death influenced her (1:45)
- What blocks us from pursuing our gifts (4:46)
- Why Amber wanted to write a book about worry (7:01)
- The first step to take when confronting worry (12:18)
- The difference between toxic worry and useful worry (22:30)
- How to use Amber’s Three C’s to overcome worry, fear, and self-doubt (26:39)
- A daily practice to build your wonder muscle (31:03)
- How our brain is wired to worry and how can we choose wonder over worry (33:32)
- The process of reframing our emotions (36:35)
- Strategies for navigating anxiety and stress (53:40)
- Learn more about Amber and her work (76:38)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on Amber Rae, be sure to follow her on Instagram @heyamberrae, Facebook @amberrae, and on Twitter @heyamberrae. Check out her website https://www.amberrae.com. You can find her book, Choose Wonder Over Worry: Move Beyond Fear and Doubt to Unlock Your Full Potential, right here.