Who would you be if you weren’t defined by the limiting dialogue of your own mind? We exist within mental constructs that dictate our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Suffering is a byproduct of these mental constraints. To create an extraordinary life we have to reveal the limiting framework of our perceived reality and shift the perception we have of ourselves in order to become limitless.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to The Mind Architect Peter Crone, a writer, speaker and thought leader in human potential who works with entertainers, professional athletes, and global organizations.
In this episode, Dhru and Peter discuss how our own perceptions and self-limiting beliefs shape our reality, and how to find freedom from a self-imposed mental jail cell. They talk about how to redesign the subconscious mind that drives behavior to inspire a new way of living, from limitation and stress to freedom and joy. They also talk about how the challenges that we experience in our lives are an opportunity to grow, and to be patient, trusting, loving, accepting, and understand that it all works out. We are beneficiaries of life, not victims of it.
In this episode, we dive into:
- What blocks us from having freedom in our life (2:21)
- What is true happiness? (8:59)
- Why the first step in healing is acceptance (9:45)
- The impact of stress on our digestion (16:23)
- Peter’s personal story of losing both parents at a young age (20:28)
- How past hurt informs future fear (23:16)
- Finding freedom in uncertainty (26:39)
- How to break free from judgment (29:37)
- Constraints of the subconscious (45:38)
- The power of imagination (52:04)
- How to be more mindful of language (1:05:29)
- Perfectionism and the stories we make up about ourselves (1:20:22)
- The Healed documentary (1:22:18)
- Learn more about Peter and his work (1:31:38)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on Peter Crone, be sure to follow him on Instagram @petercroneofficial and check out his website https://www.petercrone.com.