Creativity is a force inside every person that, when unleashed, transforms our lives and delivers vitality to everything we do. Left unexpressed, it can be a poison, leading to unhappiness, unfulfillment, and that feeling there is something missing.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Chase Jarvis, an award-winning artist, entrepreneur, and one of the most influential photographers of the past decade.
He has created campaigns for Apple, Nike, Red Bull and others, was a contributor to the Pulitzer-winning New York Times story Snowfall, and earned an Emmy nomination for his documentary Portrait of a City. He also created Best Camera–the first photo app to share images to social networks, and is the Founder of CreativeLive, where more than 10 million students learn photography, video, design, music, and business from the world’s top creators and entrepreneurs.
In this episode, Dhru and Chase talk about why establishing a creative practice is as important to our well-being as exercise or nutrition. They discuss Chase’s road map for unlocking your creative potential, pursuing your dreams and succeeding in the process. They also talk about the importance of cultivating meaningful relationships, and building your core community when working to accomplish a goal.
In this episode, we dive into:
- How to design the life you truly desire (1:46)
- What creativity really means (18:42)
- Why success is an inside job (19:56)
- How to take the first step to pursue your dreams (24:05)
- The four steps to unlock your creative potential (28:07)
- How to design a daily practice to pursue your dreams (35:25)
- The three challenges that can derail you from your creative pursuit (52:12)
- Why the company we keep is so vital to our success (1:05:25)
- Chase’s principles for goal setting (1:17:18)
- Learn more about Chase and his work (1:29:36)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on Chase Jarvis, be sure to follow him on Instagram @chasejarvis, on Facebook @chasejarvis, and on Twitter @chasejarvis. Check out his website www.chasejarvis.com and www.creativelive.com. You can pre-order his book, Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life, right here. If you pre-order the book you will get access to a FREE 4-hour live workshop – learn more at https://www.creativelive.com/creativecalling.