Each of us is born with a unique set of gifts, talents, and strengths that we’re put on earth to express and contribute. When you hold back from sharing yourself and your gifts, you’re stealing from those who need you most.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Marie Forleo, a born-and-raised Jersey girl with nothing more than passion, a laptop, and a dream. Marie Forleo has created a socially conscious digital empire that inspires millions across the globe. Named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation, she’s the star of the award-winning show MarieTV, with over 50 million views, and host of The Marie Forleo Podcast, with more than ten million downloads. Marie runs the acclaimed business training program, B-School, and has taught entrepreneurs, artists, and multipassionate go-getters from all walks of life how to dream big and back it up with daily action to create results.
In this episode, Dhru and Marie talk about how if you’re having trouble solving a problem or making a dream happen, the problem isn’t you, it’s not that you’re not hardworking, intelligent or deserving, but that you haven’t yet installed the one key belief that will change everything — everything is figureoutable. They discuss the three most common excuses that derail us and how to reframe our thinking around it. They also talk about the importance of starting before you are ready, and how to turn fear into productive, creative fuel.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Where the phrase Everything is Figureoutable came from (6:49)
- How to change the beliefs that hold you back (15:21)
- The three rules of the Everything is Figureoutable philosophy (17:56)
- The two destructive thoughts that will derail you from new opportunities (23:14)
- How to shift your mindset around failure (39:17)
- Why you should start before you’re ready (44:31)
- How to create a support system when you don’t have one (47:15)
- How to reframe your thinking around excuses (57:10)
- Why it is your responsibility to share your gift with the world (1:08:40)
- Learn more about Marie and her work (1:14:48)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on Marie Forleo, be sure to follow her on Instagram @marieforleo, on Facebook @marieforleo, and on Twitter @marieforleo. Check out her website http://www.marieforleo.com. You can order her book, Everything is Figureoutable, right here. When you order the book you will receive a FREE 5-day, live online program (valued at $499). Learn more at EIFcourse.com.