“Whatever you ask for, you get more of.” My friend Jim Kwik mentions that our lives are kind of like Facebook filters. If you start clicking on ads for cat videos, more cat videos appear on your feed. So, if you allow your mind to focus on thoughts of feeling inadequate or incorrect ideas, the more limited, restricted, and boxed-in you’ll become.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host Dhru talks to Jim Kwik, the founder of Kwik Learning and a widely recognized world expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, brain performance, and accelerated learning. Jim’s cutting-edge techniques, entertaining presentation style, and impressive brainpower feats have made him a frequent and highly sought-out trainer for top organizations. He is the host of the acclaimed Kwik Brain podcast, which is consistently the #1 training show on iTunes.
In this episode, Dhru and Jim talk about how to become limitless. People tend to put themselves into boxes and create rules and limits that can cut into our true potential. When we allow ourselves to live by these rules, such as “I’m not good at remembering names,” or “I’m not good at math,” or “I’m not good at saving money,” our brain believes these rules as truth and we have no choice but to follow them. Dhru and Jim cover exactly how to break free from these arbitrary rules and limits and truly become limitless.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Jim Kwik’s personal story (1:27)
- Core beliefs that Jim had to let go of in order to overcome his limitations (15:58)
- Mindset: The first circle of being limitless (22:48)
- How to overcome negative self-talk (26:30)
- What is available after mastering mindset (31:45)
- Motivation: The second circle of becoming limitless (35:03)
- Motivation formula (37:37)
- Passion versus purpose (39:30)
- An example of a small, simple step (49:45)
- Method: The third circle of becoming limitless (54:48)
- Benefit of learning how to learn (59:15)
- Why you shouldn’t touch your phone for the first 30 minutes when you wake up (1:01:02)
- When we inherit incorrect ideas, they hold us back (1:08:45)
- Example of how our brain looks for validation for our limiting thoughts (1:13:30)
- Jim’s dominant question today (1:17:16)
- Special promotion for viewers and action plan (1:20:50)
- The power of self-care (1:23:00)
- How to learn more about Jim Kwik (1:25:00)