Every top leader in every industry has a similar origin: in order to build something great, they had to begin somewhere. Often, they started with nothing but an idea. In order to turn that idea into a reality, it was crucial that they commit to action. And there’s no one better to talk about these topics than world-class entrepreneur, Craig Clemens.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Craig Clemens, an American businessman and entrepreneur. He is the co-founder of Golden Hippo Media and has built a fortune around this enterprise. The company provides health and wellness-focused beauty brands which are physician endorsed. Clemens, along with his two brothers, founded the business together.
In this episode, Dhru and Craig talk all about creating the life of your dreams and pursuing your creative passions. Craig tells us about his personal struggles with facing roadblocks and overcoming tough obstacles to build several top-performing businesses. He discusses how to change your mindset and commit to action in order to achieve your goals. If you are feeling stuck, this episode is for you.
In this episode, we dive into:
- How the current times have affected Craig in personal life and business (3:25)
- Silver linings that came out of Craig going through the previous recession in 2009 (5:02)
- How to start creative projects (10:00)
- What does it look like to take a major pivot in business or life (22:10)
- What people can do to improve their focus (26:20)
- Overcoming obstacles and challenges (32:45)
- How to set and achieve goals (44:50)
- You become the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with (50:25)
- Sacrifices that Craig made that brought him closer to his goals (54:56)
- Recommendations and resources (1:00:00)
- A message for you, if you’re struggling with your goals right now (1:04:22)
- How to learn more about Craig (1:07:45)
For more on Craig, you can follow him on Instagram @craig.
For the Broken Brain Podcast episode featuring Peter Crone, click here.
For Craig’s favorite resources, be sure to check out:
Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
Opportunity: How to Win in Business and Create a Life You Love by Eben Pagan
Atomic Habits by James Clear
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Principles by Ray Dalio