A hero’s journey is a narrative to describe the journey of a brave warrior who must overcome a major obstacle or turmoil in order to find victory, often transforming themselves along the way. Elissa Goodman’s hero’s journey included obstacle over obstacle over obstacle (and more) that she had to overcome in order to create the life of vibrant health that she lives today.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host Dhru talks to Elissa Goodman, a Holistic Nutritionist, Lifestyle Cleanse Expert, and Superstar Chef. She’s a cancer survivor and the author of Cancer Hacks: A Holistic Guide to Overcoming Your Fears and Healing Cancer.
In this episode, Dhru and Elissa discuss her personal story of struggling with a deficient immune system and the multiple health effects it caused, her battle with cancer, losing her husband to cancer, and how she overcame two different autoimmune conditions using whole foods and a healthy lifestyle. She has used her many obstacles to create vibrant health, write books aimed at helping others, and coach hundreds on their own journeys.
In this episode, we dive into:
- How Elissa’s life has been impacted by social isolation and things that have helped her cope (2:30)
- Elissa tells us her story about growing up with immune struggles and eventually getting diagnosed with cancer (7:20)
- How Elissa reacted when she learned about her cancer diagnosis (26:11)
- How stress-management played a role in her cancer treatment (33:22)
- Elissa’s story after being in remission for cancer (37:31)
- Balancing immune function during COVID-19 (54:30)
- When Elissa made a major change in her life (1:01:00)
- Elissa’s message to anyone going through challenges right now (1:09:40)
- How to find out more about Elissa (1:15:30)
Also mentioned in this episode, The Broken Brain Podcast episode featuring Peter Crone; the books Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, MD and The Hero’s Journey by Joseph Campbell; Medical Medium with Anthony William; and the therapists recommended by Elissa, Elizabeth Winkler and Ryan Weiss.
This episode of Broken Brain is brought to you by Parsley Health:
Parsley Health goes a level deeper than conventional medicine. Their doctors assess your health risk factors with advanced diagnostics, and create a whole-body plan to treat and resolve chronic illness and persistent health issues. They personalize your care and guide you through diet, supplements, nutritional therapy, and exercise to achieve optimal health. Schedule a consult call today to learn how Parsley Health can help improve your persistent health issue. Mention Broken Brain to get one month free (up to $150 value). https://www.parsleyhealth.com/brokenbrain/