There are many different modalities, types, and ways to meditate. There is no wrong way to meditate. No matter how young, old, new, or experienced you are with meditation, making space for your thoughts always comes with beneficial side effects: relief from yesterday, peace for today, and promise for tomorrow. Though healing through meditation is never easy, it’s always worth it.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host Dhru talks to Megan Monahan. Megan is a Chopra Certified meditation instructor that has taught thousands to meditate through her platform. She works with corporate brands like Lululemon, Chopra Global, Unplug Meditation, and Wanderlust while working privately with personal and corporate clients internationally, always bringing her spiritual real talk. Her first book, Don’t Hate, Meditate, was published this past June by Ten Speed Press.
In this episode, Dhru and Megan discuss how most people, knowingly or not, tend to hang onto past situations that define who they are. Unfortunately, these are often negative influences that cause us to react a certain way to situations and can result in limiting beliefs. But Megan walks us through her story of recognizing her past struggles and trauma, working through them using meditation, and creating a bright and hopeful future through her practices.
In this episode, we dive into:
- What meditation looks like during a pandemic (2:02)
- The real talk around meditation (4:53)
- What happens when someone judges meditation as good or bad (9:46)
- Dispelling the myths around meditation (12:15)
- What results we can expect when meditating (13:30)
- Megan’s personal story that led her to meditation (19:20)
- How the path of meditation brought Megan to acceptance (28:45)
- How to navigate the different types of meditation modalities (38:45)
- Megan’s process for writing her book (42:20)
- A meditation exercise with Megan (49:30)
- Where you can find more on Megan (1:03:45)