Did you know that being sexually active is associated with closer relationships, better immune function, lower blood pressure, improved sleep, reduced stress, and lower mortality?
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host Dhru talks to Dr. Amy Killen, an anti-aging and regenerative physician specializing in sexual optimization, aesthetics, and longevity medicine. Board certified in emergency medicine with ten years of ER experience, Dr. Killen saw the impact of unchecked chronic disease and disability from the front lines before transitioning to anti-aging and regenerative medicine.
An international speaker, clinical practice owner, medical director of a national regenerative medicine physician training course, author, and frequent media guest, Dr. Killen has become an outspoken advocate for empowering patients to look and feel their best by merging lifestyle modification, hormone optimization, personalized medicine, and regenerative therapies.
In this episode, Dhru and Dr. Killen talk about how our modern lifestyle impacts our sexual health for the better or worse. They discuss the shame and stigma associated with sexual dysfunction. They also talk about some of the new, cutting edge therapies for sexual optimization, urinary incontinence, and erectile dysfunction.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Common myths around sexual health (8:17)
- The importance of sexual pleasure to our wellbeing (18:30)
- How alcohol and sugar consumption impact our sex lives (30:42)
- Foods and supplements that support sexual vitality (38:40)
- How regenerative medicine can support sexual health (40:50)
- How stem cells can restore sexual function (43:06)
- Shockwave therapy to treat erectile dysfunction (49:43)
- Why Dr. Killen decided to specialize in this field (51:48)
- The safety of Botox (1:00:38)
- Where to learn more about Dr. Killen (1:08:02)
For more on Dr. Amy Killen, you can follow her on Instagram @dr.amybkillen, on Facebook @dramybkillen, and through her websites https://dramykillen.com/ and https://www.doceremedical.com/.
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here https://my.community.com/dhrupurohit.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.