Welcome to The Big Idea of the Week!
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru Purohit talks to us about how to stop struggling by turning our struggles into challenges.
Dhru’s shares with us something he wrote called, “Struggle or Challenge?”
Are you in a struggle or challenge?
- A struggle is a burden.
- A challenge is an opportunity.
- A struggle is, “I can’t wait for this to be done.”
- A challenge is, “I can’t wait to see where this goes.”
- A struggle is being in one place, but needing to be in another.
- A challenge is fully being where you are, not needing to be anywhere else.
- A struggle is, “How can I get out?”
- A challenge is, “What more can I give?”
- A struggle is resistance.
- A challenge is acceptance.
Think about something important to you that you’re working on improving: a relationship, a project, a goal. Now think about the energy around the thing you picked. Are you in a struggle or are you in a challenge?
On the surface a struggle and a challenge look like the same thing. They are both tough. The biggest difference though is the energy around them. Plain and simple, a struggle is a challenge that is filled with resistance.
Is there something in your life that you’re struggling with that could be turned into a challenge? It can happen, all it takes is a mental shift.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.