When it comes to longevity, the goal isn’t just to live as long as possible. The true objective is to live as vibrantly and energetically as possible, for as long as possible. So how exactly do we do this?
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host Dhru talks to Dr. Frank Lipman, a vocal pioneer of integrative and Functional Medicine, or what he calls “good medicine.” Dr. Lipman is the founder of Eleven Eleven Wellness Center and the Chief Medical Officer at The Well. He is a sought-after international speaker and the bestselling author of six books—How to Be Well, The New Health Rules, Young & Slim for Life, Revive and Total Renewal—and his newest book, The New Rules of Aging Well: A Simple Program for Immune Resilience, Strength, and Vitality.
In this episode, Dhru and Dr. Lipman talk about the cross-cultural differences in aging, and why we are so afraid of aging in the Western world. They discuss how we can optimize the function of our genes with simple tweaks to have a profound impact on how we age, and why fasting is so powerful when it comes to longevity and healthy aging. Dr. Lipman also shares supplements he recommends for longevity, and some promising anti-aging treatments.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Common myths when it comes to aging (5:28)
- Why we don’t celebrate aging in the Western world (6:54)
- The changes Dr. Lipman made in his own life to age well (12:26)
- Genetic factors and aging (20:10)
- Why fasting is so important when it comes to longevity and aging well (25:26)
- What we can learn from Eastern traditions when it comes to physical activity (37:18)
- How Dr. Lipman’s exercise routine has changed over the years (40:27)
- Hormesis and its relevance to healthy aging (45:43)
- Supplements for longevity (48:20)
- Why finding your tribe is so important to the aging process (51:53)
- The power of forgiveness and letting go of grudges (1:00:16)
- Where listeners can learn more about Dr. Frank Lipman (1:10:03)
For more on Dr. Frank Lipman you can follow him on Instagram @FrankLipmanMD, on Facebook @DrFrankLipman, on Twitter @DrFrankLipman, and through his website https://drfranklipman.com/. Get Dr. Lipman’s book, The New Rules of Aging Well at https://drfranklipman.com/new-rules/.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- 3X4 Genetics test – https://www.3x4genetics.com/
- Rhonda Patrick – https://www.foundmyfitness.com/
- I Need Your Love – Is That True?: How to Stop Seeking Love, Approval, and Appreciation and Start Find Them Instead by Byron Katie – https://amzn.to/3qCRCYM
- The Book of Forgiving: The Fourfold Path for Healing Ourselves and Our World by Archbishop Desmond Tutu – https://amzn.to/37RqLjk
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here https://my.community.com/dhrupurohit.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.
This episode of Broken Brain is brought to you by Bioptimizers. My new favorite magnesium is from a company called Bioptimizers—their Magnesium Breakthrough formula contains 7 different forms which all have different functions in the body. There is truly nothing like it on the market. Right now you can try Bioptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough for 10% off, just go to www.bioptimizers.com/brain and use the code BRAIN10 at checkout.