Does it feel like your life is too busy, your days are too short, and you’re feeling overworked, overstressed, and overtired? Chances are you’ve asked your doctor for help, only to be told that it’s because of your age, or your workload, or, worse, that it’s just “normal.” If so, you’re not alone.
Women, in particular, are suffering from an epidemic of fatigue and burnout. So many women feel alone in their inability to manage all of their personal and professional demands. Many assume their fatigue is just a normal and inevitable part of life, but it’s not normal at all.
On today’s episode of The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru speaks with Dr. Amy Shah, a double board-certified medical doctor and wellness expert specializing in allergy, immunology, hormones, and gut health. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Cornell University’s School of Nutrition and went on to complete her MD, residency and fellowship training at Einstein, Harvard, and Columbia University hospitals. She’s been named in the Top Doc list 2016, ’17,’18, ’19 and ’20 by Phoenix Magazine and featured on National TV and magazines such as Elle, People, Shape, and Allure. She lives in Phoenix, AZ, loves being active, and is married with two children. Her first book, I’m So Effing Tired was just released.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The car accident that changed Dr. Shah’s life (8:40)
- The army inside our body and the role nutrition plays when it comes to burnout (18:59)
- Fasting with our circadian rhythm (28:42)
- The importance of getting sunlight first thing in the morning (33:03)
- The most important change Dr. Shah made in her diet (35:31)
- The 4S’s for creating healthy meals (43:11)
- How to optimize our biological rhythms (54:48)
- How to create a morning and evening routine to sync with our circadian rhythm (1:02:30)
- Setting boundaries and not feeling guilty about it (1:16:19)
- Why fasting is different for women and the right way to do it (1:27:18)
For more on Dr. Shah you can follow her on Instagram @FastingMD, on Facebook @AmyShahMD, on Twitter @AmyShahMD, and through her website https://amymdwellness.com/. Get her book, I’m So Effing Tired: A Proven Plan to Beat Burnout, Boost Your Energy, and Reclaim Your Life.
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by CogniBiotics.
CogniBiotics is a brain and mood-enhancing probiotic from BiOptimizers that contains specifically chosen strains with a high level of research supporting mental health and performance. CogniBiotics also contains 17 nootropic and adaptogenic herbs which work in synergy with your gut bacteria to boost cognitive function, mood, and stress resilience. If you want to support your own gut-brain axis, BiOptimizers is offering my community a special deal of 10% off. Just go to www.cognibiotics.com/dhru and use code DHRU10.