Sometimes, we’re led down a path that might surprise us. Our calling in life might end up being completely different than what we expected—it might even challenge our previous beliefs.
The concept of reincarnation elicits skepticism in many people. Today’s guest on The Dhru Purohit Podcast wasn’t quite a believer himself, until multiple mind-blowing accounts kept showing up in his work.
Dr. Jim Tucker is the Bonner-Lowry Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia. He is Director of the UVA Division of Perceptual Studies, where he is continuing the work of Ian Stevenson with children who report memories of previous lives. He is the author of Before: Children’s Memories of Previous Lives, a new 2-in-1 edition of his books Life Before Life and Return to Life, which together have been translated into twenty languages.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The story of James Leiniger who remembered being a World War II fighter pilot from a previous life (1:08)
- The story of Ryan Hammons who remembered being a Hollywood extra from a previous life (12:25)
- The connection between a violent or unnatural death and reincarnation (17:16)
- The story of a boy who remembered being his paternal grandfather in a past life (20:12)
- How Dr. Tucker validates the accounts of past lives shared with him (25:51)
- The age that past life memories start to surface and when they start to fade (29:21)
- The average IQ of kids that remember past lives (34:49)
- Birthmarks and the connection to a past life (36:50)
- Children’s accounts of the time between death and rebirth (39:48)
- Advice for parents if their children start talking about a previous life (1:06:52)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- University of Virginia Division of Perceptual Studies
- What Near-Death Experiences Reveal About Life and Beyond with Dr. Bruce Greyson
- Dr. Bruce Greyson
- After: A Doctor Explores What Near-Death Experiences Reveal About Life and Beyond by Dr. Bruce Greyson
For more on Dr. Jim Tucker, you can follow him on Facebook @JimBTuckerMD, on YouTube @UVA Division of Perceptual Studies, and through his website https://www.jimbtucker.com/. Get his book, Before: Children’s Memories of Previous Lives. For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining The Dhru Purohit Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here. This episode is brought to you by Cozy Earth and Paleovalley.
I recently tried out some of the bamboo sheets from Cozy Earth and they’re so soft that now I can’t imagine sleeping on anything else. They are also really good at regulating temperature, and are certified free of harmful chemicals. Cozy Earth also makes other types of clean bedding, like duvets and blankets, that all feel amazing. Right now, Cozy Earth is offering my audience 40% off. Just head over to cozyearth.com and use the discount code DHRU40.
Not all turmeric supplements are created equal. I love taking Turmeric Complex from Paleovalley. It contains organic whole food turmeric, so you get the synergistic effects of all its compounds. It also contains coconut oil and black pepper which have been shown to improve the absorption of those active compounds by 2,000%, plus it includes other natural anti-inflammatories like organic ginger, rosemary, and cloves. Right now, Paleovalley is offering my listeners 15% off at paleovalley.com/dhru.