How we feel physically, mentally, and emotionally dictates how well we show up in our lives. So often, these areas get seen as separate, when doing inner work can actually lead to some profound outer changes.
Today’s guest on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Diego Perez, shares insights on cultivating self-awareness in a time of otherness and how a good relationship with ourselves ripples out to benefit the rest of the world.
Diego is a meditator, writer, and speaker who is widely known on Instagram and various social media networks through his pen name Yung Pueblo. Online he has an audience of over a million people that he reaches through his written works that focus on the reality of self-healing, the movement from self-love to unconditional love, and the wisdom that comes when we truly work on knowing ourselves. His first book, Inward, quickly became a bestseller. His second book, Clarity & Connection was just released
In this episode, we dive into:
- The importance of radical honesty (3:39)
- How to make the world a more compassionate place (13:16)
- The mental health crisis (21:04)
- Why it’s harder to heal trauma when it becomes a part of your identity (27:18)
- The importance of giving space and supporting freedom in a relationship (34:22)
- Perfectionism and overcoming people-pleasing (44:10)
- Being okay with not getting what you want (49:07)
- How to break free from unhealthy patterns and behaviors (51:21)
- How to deal with FOMO (54:47)
- The essentials for growth (1:05:44)
- Diego’s meditation practice (1:11:11)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Breaking Free From Your Ego and Unleashing Your Brain’s Creativity
- The ONE Thing, by Gary Keller
- Alan Watts
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining The Dhru Purohit Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Thrive Market and Birch Living.
Thrive Market makes it so easy to stay stocked with healthy ingredients. Right now, Thrive is offering all my listeners an amazing deal. When you sign up for a new membership, you will receive a free gift. And, any time you spend more than $49, you’ll get free carbon-neutral shipping from one of their zero-waste warehouses. Go to thrivemarket.com/dhru to sign-up.
I recently upgraded to a Birch mattress by Helix. The Birch is made right here in the US, out of 4 non-toxic, natural materials: organic latex, organic cotton, New Zealand wool, and American steel springs. If you’re looking for a new mattress, I highly recommend checking out the Birch. Right now they are giving my community $200 off all mattresses, plus 2 free eco-rest pillows. Just head over to birchliving.com/dhru.