COVID-19 has challenged us like never before. The past year has been full of uncertainties and we continue to face decisions around vaccines, a changing social landscape, and how to protect our families and maintain our quality of life.
The best we can do is stay informed on the constantly evolving research and take into account our family’s unique needs. Parents of young children have the added responsibility of making decisions for them, with limited data. No one can tell you what the right choice is when it comes to getting your child vaccinated, but Dhru and I would like to support you by offering a conversation about what we know and what we still need to find out. Dhru sits down with Dr. Elisa Song to hash out what can be a pretty overwhelming topic into digestible information to help you feel empowered.
Dr. Song is an integrative pediatrician, pediatric Functional Medicine expert, and mama. In her integrative pediatric practice, Whole Family Wellness, she’s helped 1,000s of kids get to the root causes of their health concerns and helped their parents understand how to help their children thrive in body, mind, and spirit by integrating conventional pediatrics with Functional Medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and essential oils.
Dr. Song created Healthy Kids Happy Kids, an online holistic pediatric resource to help practitioners and parents bridge the gap between conventional and integrative pediatrics with an evidence-based, pediatrician-backed approach.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Dr. Song and her family’s experience of being infected with COVID (9:57)
- Confirmation bias and COVID recommendations (12:49)
- Pregnant women and COVID-19 vaccine safety (16:31)
- What the FDA Emergency Use Authorization for the vaccines means (20:08)
- Helping our kids build immune resilience (36:54)
- What role children really play in herd immunity (45:33)
- Is COVID-19 vaccination in previously infected individuals necessary? (47:45)
- Why there is so much pressure to vaccinate children right now (52:47)
- What you can do to mitigate any inflammatory response after getting the vaccine (1:10:11)
- Natural immunity if you’ve previously been infected from COVID (1:25:47)
- Antibody testing to determine if you’ve previously been infected with COVID (1:30:08)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Should Kids Get a COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Kawasaki Disease, ACE-2 & COVID-19: What a Pediatrician Wants You to Know
- Necessity of COVID-19 Vaccination in Previously Infected Individuals
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining The Dhru Purohit Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Cozy Earth and BiOptimizers.
I recently started using bamboo sheets from Cozy Earth, and it’s a game changer. For one, these sheets help regulate temperature. One of the biggest tips all of the top sleep experts will give you is to make sure your sleep environment is cool. Studies actually show that sleeping in cooler temperatures leads to deeper and more restorative sleep. They are also the most comfortable sheets I’ve ever used. Right now, Cozy Earth is offering my audience 40% off. Just head over to cozyearth.com/ and use the discount code DHRU40.
If I had to pick one supplement that has made the biggest difference in my overall health, it would be magnesium. I personally started taking magnesium to help with my sleep, especially when I travel, and it’s been super helpful. But I don’t take just any old magnesium, I take BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough. It contains 7 different forms of magnesium, which all have different functions in the body. I haven’t found anything else like it on the market. Right now, BiOptimizers is offering my community a few special bundles, just head over to magbreakthrough.com/dhru with code DHRU10.