Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most significant global health threats we face today. It is an ailment that, as our population ages, is forecasted to become a worldwide epidemic. Mainstream medicine would have us believe that it can’t be prevented, is untreatable, and progressive, with most patients not surviving beyond three to eleven years post-diagnosis. But that is all being challenged with the work of Dr. Dale Bredesen.
On today’s episode of The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sits down with Dr. Dale Bredesen, an internationally recognized expert in the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, and the author of the New York Times bestsellers The End of Alzheimer’s, The End of Alzheimer’s Program and his latest book, The First Survivors of Alzheimer’s: How Patients Recovered Life and Hope in Their Own Words. He has held faculty positions at UC San Francisco, UCLA, and the University of California San Diego. He has directed the Program on Aging at the Burnham Institute before coming to the Buck Institute for Research on Aging in 1998 as its founding president and CEO. He is currently a professor at UCLA.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Evidence that early Alzheimer’s can be reversed (7:30)
- What actually drives neurodegeneration (11:57)
- Julie’s story of surviving Alzheimer’s (16:34)
- Insults in the brain that contribute to Alzheimer’s (20:37)
- Debra’s story of surviving Alzheimer’s (33:15)
- Why one single medication is not the answer when it comes to treating Alzheimer’s (48:55)
- Frank’s story of surviving Alzheimer’s (50:39)
- The contributing factors to Alzheimer’s (56:02)
- Sally’s story of surviving Alzheimer’s (57:48)
- Proof of concept study—key markers that showed cognitive improvements (1:21:09)
- Red flags to pay attention to when it comes to cognitive decline (1:29:09)
- Cognoscopy test for cognitive decline (1:36:12)
- What Dr. Bredesen says to the skeptics (1:39:03)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Clinical Trial Results – Evidence That Early Alzheimer’s Can Be Reversed
- Precision Medicine Approach to Alzheimer’s Disease: Successful Proof-of-Concept Trial
For more on Dr. Bredesen you can follow him on Instagram @drdalebredesen, on Facebook @drdalebredeshttps://amzn.to/3imGi0Men, on Twitter @drdalebredesen, and through his website https://www.apollohealthco.com. Get his book The First Survivors of Alzheimer’s: How Patients Recovered Life and Hope in Their Own Words, here.
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here.
Interested in joining The Dhru Purohit Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.
This episode is brought to you by Birch Living and Paleovalley.
I recently upgraded to a Birch mattress by Helix. The Birch is made right here in the US, out of 4 non-toxic, natural materials: organic latex, organic cotton, New Zealand wool, and American steel springs. If you’re looking for a new mattress, I highly recommend checking out the Birch. Right now they are giving my community $200 off all mattresses, plus 2 free eco-rest pillows. Just head over to birchliving.com/dhru.
If you’re on the hunt for better snacks for you and your family, you should definitely check out Paleovalley. Right now they’re offering my listeners 15% off their entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/dhru to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.